Raw Coconut-Almond Gelato
refreshing dessert remeniscent of the tropics
3 cups fresh or frozen coconut cream*
1/2 cup Mestiza raw, blonde coconut sugar
4 egg yolks
2 tsp. almond extract
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1. Beat egg yolks with coconut sugar until frothy.
2. Add coconut cream and almond extract and continue to beat and incorporate air.
3. Chill coconut mixture for 2-3 hours.
4. Place in ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions for making ice cream.
5. Fold slivered almonds and freeze.
Enjoy!! Makes approximately 1 quart.
* Try to find pure, frozen coconut cream without any preservatives like potassium metabisulfite.
Tess Young, 21 November 2011